11.07.2012

To my beloved public transportation

It's late, and I'm falling asleep, but I'm keeping my promise.

Everything I think of that I want to share requires some explanation and I need something quick tonight. So I think something that is pretty self explanatory is my gratitude of public transportation. I love it so much. I have become passionate about public transportation.

Having a car was wonderful, but I really can't say I've missed it all that much. And that is one of the beauties of this city. I am not given a chance to miss it because public transportation is so available. It makes for such a simpler sustainable life.


I was terrified of the idea of riding the gross, stinky, humid, scary, subways when we first moved here. But it is so normal now. It's just life. It's not a crazy out of the ordinary adventure. It's just the way life is. How we get around. We don't need cars. We don't need fuel to survive, and that feels great.

Disclaimer: The subways aren't scary. You get used to the smell. They are overwhelming at first, but they really do make sense once you get used to it.


Now for some public transportation visuals, for fun, and just in case you didn't know what public transportation looks like. Jk.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...