4.17.2012

Mothers

It seems lately that the topic of motherhood is everywhere. Ann Romney being criticized for never having a "real job", THIS beautiful article that I feel I relate to so much already, my dear mother in town this last week, and of course dreaming of someday being the "perfect" mother.

Being a mother is something that is so dear to me. I am always reading something on parenting. I cannot wait to be a mother. I dream of being the perfect mother. Will I be? Absolutely not, because I'm the queen of making mistakes. But I'm excited to try.


My mother. She is incredible. I don't know what I would do without her. She does more for others than I've ever seen a mother do. She works so hard to help me, love me, and make sure I am doing ok. The last night my family was in town, I spent the night in the bathroom throwing up. I was later woken up to someone else throwing up. It was my mother. I told her I had been throwing up too, and the first thing she says is, "Oh I'm so sorry. You should have woken me up so I could take care of you."

And my mother-in-law. I sure am grateful for her. Because of her, I have two super moms AND dear friends in my life. Love her.

I feel so blessed to be a women, so that I can be a mother someday and put my children first, and nurture them, love them, worry for them, most likely annoy them at times, laugh with them, and take care of them.

And thank goodness for the great examples of motherhood I have in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Manda!! I love this post and I love mom too:)
    I also LOVE your new blog name:) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I feel like saying is "Amen." Yep. Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this. Love you. You WILL be an amazing mother, I can tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a sweetheart! And the best daughter I could ever ask for! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...