12.06.2011

Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini

I mostly enjoy cooking, but don't rave about recipes often, even though I find many I like. But guys, this is a MUST try. I'm in love with it. I made it for a family dinner and it was a hit. I made it again last night for Derek's birthday dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. This recipe
would have completely overwhelmed me a year ago, but it's so do-able, I promise! Give it a try!


Ingredients


  • 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 5 cups beef broth
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 4 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
  • 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
  • 1/2 tablespoon packed fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
  • 8 ounces fresh tortellini pasta
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Directions

  1. In a 5 quart Dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove sausage and dr
    ain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
  2. Saute onions and garlic in drippings. Stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
  3. Skim fat from the soup. Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add tortellini during the last 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.

Recipe found here.



Also...
a little peek at the kiddos I nanny. I don't think they come any cuter.
Photography by this amazing lady



ZANDER
2 YRS






ARIA
2 MO

1 comment:

  1. I agree! the soup is amazing! I don't know about how hard it is to make but it is souper yummy! lol And Zander is the cutest thing ever! Yesterday was hilarious! I was hoping you would put those pictures up haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...