3.01.2012

a shout out to christian rock


Hey guys
So... What's up? Amanda finally let me do a blog post today. NYC has been awesome. My classes are sweet and the class sizes are really small which is something I have never experienced before.

I have been working on some building designs lately, and when I do so, it is important that I get in the "zone." This means big headphones and loud music. It is like a total escape for me.

So today I was listening to the band "run kid run," a christian band, when I paused to think about all the great Christian rock bands that have influenced my life.

This first and foremost is MXPX. The very first album I ever bought was MXPX's Let it Happen. I will never forget the first time listening through it when I was 11 years old. I was amazed at how every single song sounded the same. Of course it grew on me overtime and since then I have purchased every single album MXPX has put out (nearly 20).

Some other greats include Waking Ashland, Anberlin, Copeland, Mae, mewithoutYou, Emery, Underoath, and Relient K. Most great Christian rock bands are under the label Tooth and Nail.

Most people don't realize that a lot of these bands are with Christian rock labels. It's just one of those little known facts that I happen to know.

Anyways, I thought it was a good opportunity to give a shout out to Christian rock and personally thank them for what they have done for me, my listening pleasure, and my salvation.

Love,
Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...