Friday we wanted to make some deals. K dumb joke. We went to "Let's make a deal!" with Wayne Brady. It was so intense!! We waited in line, had our interviews, then patiently waited to be seated. We were all pretty tired after waiting a while. I was worried I'd be falling asleep during the show. Oh no. No no. Once we entered the room, adrenaline flowed through my body and I had SO much energy! I was in a full on clown costume. Everyone has such goofy outfits on. Part of the show is dressing up, in case anyone was wondering why we were all dressed up. Before the show started, the stage manager came over to me and a few others and explained that we would be on the camera for most of the show, so we needed to have lots of energy the whole time and always be aware of what's going on. I had no clue how this game was even played! Wayne Brady comes out walking down the steps next to me, and I'm screaming acting like it's always been my dream to see him. Now that I think about it, I probably was just supposed to be clapping acting like he'd already been with us. Idk. Owell. He starts looking around for his first contestant. Wayne: "Who wants to make a deal?!" Everyone: screaming and clapping. Wayne: "Holly! Are you ready to make a deal?!" What're the chances that Holly gets picked out of everyone...and first!! She won a living room set I believe. Show goes on, I make a fool of myself the whole show, and am having a blast doing it. There was a point in the show, when someone chose a Zonk! The curtain opened, and of course, I start clapping and cheering. I didn't know what a zonk was! By the end of the game, I figured out how the game was played.
Finally it comes down to the Deal of the Day! And Holly gets chosen!!!! We were all freaking out! No only does she get chosen, but she wins the big deal! All 30 of us were jumping up and down on the stage and hugging and screaming. I haven't had that much energy in a long time! We aren't sure what the date is that they are airing it yet. I'm excited to watch it.
Holly (left) was the winner!!
After such an amazing day, we headed to the best buffet I've ever been to. They had every kind of food. The Crepes I think were everyone's favorite.
Cute Kelci and a delicious crepe
Everyone up really late chatting.
I used to say I wish I could see the future.
I've changed my mind.
My friend Kandance once posted this quote on our private friend blog. "Never doubt an unknown future to a known God." I think that's what it was. That gave me so much comfort. I was worrying too much about the small things.
I've also noticed that I am much more patient and at peace with the decisions I'm making, when I'm staying close to the Savior. I have been good at reading scriptures and saying prayers everyday for a while now. I think I deserve bragging rights cause it was so hard for me for a long time. Haha. I've worked hard for that habit!
Brynn Naylor (cousin) and crippled Hannah from her surgery.
My favorite SeaWorld show!
Saturday I was able to spend the night with girlfriends only which was quite nice. I went to Lindsey Rhodes reception. She looked beautiful. Her and Nate Newman make a cute couple. Then all the girls went to Jess's apt. We always take votes on who will be next to get married. Christine's wedding is coming up which is so crazy. They voted me next! Yikes. I vote I'll be last. Jk. Who knows. When the right person comes around, they come around! The picture below is when all of us friends went to look at Christine's wedding dress! It's so crazy we're old enough to be married!
-Have a baby
-Make it to church at least 3 times a month
Gotcha! Sorry, dumb joke. I just wanted to see who would believe those.
Let me tell you a story...
I was writing a paper for Ethics and Values a while back, and I was assigned to answer some questions in the paper.
The question that got me thinking..."List 5 things you've accomplished in the past year."
My answer.................................................NOTHING!!!!! I eventually came up with things that were all really dumb, but after thinking about everything I haven't accomplished, I was really motivated to do so much better in life. I honestly could be doing so much with my life!!
So here are some things I want to accomplish this year.
1. Get my Associates Degree finished. I have one class left and it's math. Therefore I've been putting it off a long time.
2. Learn to cook WELL.
3. Learn a new skill (knitting, sewing, photography, etc.)
4. Read the Book of Mormon more intently than I ever have. To help me accomplish this, I'm taking a Book of Mormon institute class. I'm also taking Preparing for Eternal Marriage, and a Sign Language religion class.
5. Pray EVERY day. I am pretty good at remembering to pray, but occasionally I'll fall asleep watching a movie and have forgotten that morning or something. I will not miss a day this year.
6. Attend the temple EVERY week. No excuses.
7. This last semester I worked on doing an act of service every week. I missed many weeks. I really want to do better this year. Last year, my testimony of service grew so much. To be truly happy, I learned that you need to be thinking of others often. I made a goal that if I was going to ask someone how they are doing, I was really going to mean it, and actually listen to their answer. Something so small made such a big difference.
8. I am so terrible at exercising. I was in great shape in high school because of volleyball, then college came along...... I haven't really gained any weight, but I don't feel in shape, and I know my metabolism is going to slow down so bad someday so I need to get into the habit of exercising now! So my roommates and I have set a goal to exercise at LEAST 3 times a week! I'm going to look Jillian Michaels this time next year! Ok, maybe not so extreme. I just want to feel good and be healthy so I can live to be a great great grandma. Ok that was a little extreme also.
9. No more playing around when it comes to school. I really want to do good from here on out. I usually do fine, but I want to pass a test having studied for it so I have information that sticks with me, instead of just taking tests off of common sense.
10. I am the gospel doctrine teacher in my ward. I was called the beginning of last summer. I almost cried when Bishop Rigby popped the question. I said to him..."Bishop do you know how old I am? I am practically the youngest person in the ward....AKA.....the dumbest person in the ward......AKA.....I can't teach a ward about the gospel when I don't even understand it all myself!" His faith in me gave me so much confidence and faith in myself. I have grown to love the calling. I got into a bad habit though of preparing my lesson right before, during sacrament meeting. BUT....now we are onto the old testament this semester. UH OH!!!! I'm toast. I really am so scared. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the old testament. Does this make me a bad person? I am making a goal for myself this semester to put a lot more effort into my lessons and truly read and pray about what to teach. A talk given during last general conference was on callings. I had some questions I had prayed about before conference and all were answered so specifically. Prayer is such an amazing thing.
Today is fast sunday. I'm so excited for church.